• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 tailgate

dunedigger

Longshot but I'm looking for a blazer tailgate for my M1009. If anyone has one or has heard of one for sale please let me know, thanks

K45

you can just look for a k5 blazer back and paint it. They are the exact same. If you was closer I would give you mine.

dunedigger

you can just look for a k5 blazer back and paint it. They are the exact same. If you was closer I would give you mine.

I should have said I have been looking for both. I can't find one period, even at the somewhat local rust free parts dealers. I am at the point of paying for shipping if someone is willing. I could buy all the new parts from lmc but I don't want to put all that money into a rusty gate. I did track down a power window gate but they want near what I paid for the truck?

HAWKMAN

If you are to the point of not caring about shipping I've got a clean, rust free gate shell. $100.00....I'll bet Fed-Ex would ship this, they'll ship anything....thanks....:-D

dunedigger

I really need the regulator but if I had a good gate it may be worth putting a new regulator in. If you don't mind could you check into shipping to Owosso, MI 48867?

Armada

Hey Dunedigger, Give Scott Innes a call at Refinish Technologies in Owosso, he's in the book. He's a master at repairing, and does it right. He's done a couple cucv t'gates along with complete vehicles for me over the years. The guy is a master craftsman and reasonable too. He does show car rotisserie restos but likes the small jobs too. Tell him Paul Pappas referred you. It would probably cost the same as it would buying another gate and shipping, etc.

ohfisherman

tailgate

i found a mint gate in cleveland. they are asking 400.00 but i know the guy at the yard and i can get it for 200.00 maybe even less. its power. almost too nice to camo...let me know if you are interested.

dunedigger

Hey Dunedigger, Give Scott Innes a call at Refinish Technologies in Owosso, he's in the book. He's a master at repairing, and does it right. He's done a couple cucv t'gates along with complete vehicles for me over the years. The guy is a master craftsman and reasonable too. He does show car rotisserie restos but likes the small jobs too. Tell him Paul Pappas referred you. It would probably cost the same as it would buying another gate and shipping, etc.

I don't need a repair shop, I need the parts. I can rebuild the gate but my parts are shot. I just don't want to rebuild a rusted out gate. I also have a good size dent in the back and just doesn't seem worth messing with. Are you related to any of the Pappas family in Owosso?

dunedigger

i found a mint gate in cleveland. they are asking 400.00 but i know the guy at the yard and i can get it for 200.00 maybe even less. its power. almost too nice to camo...let me know if you are interested.
I would be interested if he can ship it. I really wanted a manual window but I might go to power if that's what I can find.

K45

try ck5.com they are a k5 blazer site. There might be someone in your area on the site that might can help you. I have a guy from SC coming up this week to get mine. I know I can find one here in NC no problem

dunedigger

Just found a guy about 40 min drive away with many gates. He wants $500 for a complete gate with a broken handle, the rest are all power gates for $500 all he says are rust free from out west. Then he has nos gm gate shells for $250. He is the most expensive as far as a gate goes that I have found other than he is the only one I know of with new gm gates, but I don't have to pay a million dollars for shipping on a gate I hanv't seen in person. At this point I'm thinking about buying the new gm shell and starting from scratch.

ABN173

I really need the regulator but if I had a good gate it may be worth putting a new regulator in. If you don't mind could you check into shipping to Owosso, MI 48867?
Hopefully this may help. I recently had a regulator break followed by the window breaking one cold morning due to the direct metal on glass contact on the right arm. Anyway $150 dollars later I had a new window and also both regulators replaced from a local auto glass shop. They only charged me $8 for the regulators, if that is all you need I will be glad to pick up a pair and mail them to you. This place was called Discount auto glass in Columbus, GA (outside of FT Benning) They were very helpful and had experience with the CUCV as they have work with GSA/FT Benning for years. Just let me know.

Dale

ida34

I think what you had replaced was the side rails for the glass. They rust out and cause a lot of problems. The felt on them also wears away. There is only one regulator and that is in the middle to raise and lower the glass. LMC truck has most all of the parts for the gates. I used new side rails for mine.

Digger,

Can you give contact info for the shop?

ABN173

I think what you had replaced was the side rails for the glass. They rust out and cause a lot of problems. The felt on them also wears away. There is only one regulator and that is in the middle to raise and lower the glass. LMC truck has most all of the parts for the gates. I used new side rails for mine.
Nope, I stood in shop and watched the whole process, he did show me those side rails and suggested I look into that next, but what he called regulators where two "plastic wheels" that are hidden from site but are on the reverse side of a 6-8" metal track the the support arm connects to, If it helps I can open it up and snap a pic or two.

CW2 Dale Campbell
FT Benning, GA

dunedigger

The regulator assembly is what I need. LMC truck wants about $200 for it. A glass shop would never have one. The shop I was refering to is Craig's Nastagia. It's in Davison.

ABN173

The regulator assembly is what I need. LMC truck wants about $200 for it. A glass shop would never have one. The shop I was refering to is Craig's Nastagia. It's in Davison.
Got it, I will keep my eyes open for you. I have not had time to look yet but there may be a salvage yard near FT Benning that has some of these. I was planning on looking around next week also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks