• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 tire size

CROM

I'm trying to decide on new tires. I have the type picked (Interco SSR TSL's), but I'm not sure about the size....Will 33 x 12.50 be the largest I can go without a lift/trimming? And if so, how much lift/trimming will I need to do if I go 35 x 12.50? Or should I stick with a skinnier tire?

Thanks!

Wyofj40

I think a 4 inch lift would be enough for clearance on those tires, I am not sure if you can run those without a lift. If you stick with a skinny tire there is less of an issue with clearances. I went with a 9.00-11 bias ply which is roughly 36x10.5 then put an add a leaf on the front. There is some slight rubbing when I hit a big enough bump with the tires partially turned.

Attachments

dragonman

I tried the HMMWV tires on the front and they rubbed even when the truck was jacked up and the suspension at full drop.
Bummer I had custom wheels made for them, .50 BMG shells and grenades for cutouts and centers moved.

Bobert

Good to see another guy from Des Moines on here. And dragonman up in Mason City.

There are a few of us around des moines that like to play with mv's if you ever want to join.

I have 33x12.50s on my M1009.

I tried 35s and they were too big without lifting. You would need a lot of trimming.

Last edited:

dragonman

Mine is a M1008. 3 m35s, 1 M813, 2 M105s, 2 ammo trailers cant think of the number, 1 m101 with gas generators, 4 S-250E/G shelters.
The M813 doesnt run yet I think a liner is scored.