• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 trailer lights???

dozenjeeps

I recently bought a m1009 blazer with the 24 volt system and assume the plug in in back is set up for 24 volts lights... I am pulling a trailer to go to a rally and bought this truck to pull my trailer and military jeep... I think with the 6.2 diesel it will be more economical than my gas guzzling 5.4 Ford truck... what would I need to do to set up a brake control and I assume the light plug in is for 24 volts trailer lights??? didn't get a manual for it yet and want to use it to pull the m151 to a rally this weekend...thanks for any advicelll

Dodgeman1941

The lights are 12v, what I did was get a MV trailer pigtail and spliced a civi trailer plug into that and use that as an adapter.

Wolf.Dose

The military trailer can live with the 12 V of the recepticale due to 2 glowing wires in the military bulbes. Only one is light.
The black out system is no good for 12 V, it needes some 24 V to function to suffisiant brightness (even it is not a big lot, but it needs it...).
Wolf

dozenjeeps

lights on a m1009

I never thought of using the lights off a military trailer, I have a m416 for the m151 and thats already set up for 12 volt, but I have a old ammo trailer I sometimes pull behind the M37... Will have to check out and see if there is a plug I can use..appreciate the information, really glad to hear its 12 volt and I will be able to make it work on my m1009... thanks alot..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks