• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 transfercase vent

zeisshensoldt

Are the np208 transfercase vents similar to that on deuce axles? you push them down, release, they pop back up? or what? because im getting leaks from both slip yokes on my transfercase, after changing both seals, so now im just curious about that vent. Also, are these vents actually threaded into the tcase itself or just pressed in?

Attachments

Last edited:

cucvrus

They have a barbed tube that was pressed into the aluminum case. I would recommend that you remove the transfer case and have it resealed at the seams. I had one that was pushing the transmission fluid into the transfer case and took it to the transmission shop and they fixed it. I also had a few that leaked at the rear drive shaft yoke. All can be repaired with great effort or expense.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks