• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 transmission not shifting correctly

kcbbqguru

I'm a little confused, My 1009 is not shifting into 2nd until it hits 25mph, then about 45mph into 3rd. Is the throttle vacuum valve bad? I have ajusted it back,then forward and still same symptoms. I checked all the hoses and they are fine. Does it needs replaced, or can I clean it?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The vacuum pump should be pulling about 20" of vacuum. The valve on the side of the injector pump should bring it down to the 8" range at a certain throttle position. The TM 9-2320-289-20 has a step-by-step procedure to test the valve and set it correctly. I even did a write up for it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where where you getting the 18" vacuum reading? You do not want that much at the modulator on the side of the transmission.

epitts

Shift issue

My M1009 has an issue shifting also It shifts fine on first startup. If I shut the truck off after restart it does not like to shift into 3rd gear. I can manual shift from second in to 3rd and it shifts. After that it will shift fine the rest of the drive. But if I shut it off it does the same thing. Ideas?

History New vac pump, valve, hoses, modulator, fluid clean and topped off

Thanks

Jeepsinker

Sounds like you have a lip seal going bad. Could be something else, but it's more than likely time for an overhaul. Remember though, with transmissions the longer you drive it once a problem starts, the more it will cost to fix it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks