• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Transmission options question: TH400 vs 700R4

MarcusOReallyus

Weird. I just searched for him and came up empty. Either he changed his username or he did something REALLY bad and not only got banned, but purged. Not likely, so I'm guessing he changed his username.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Marcus - You might have to use an asterisk to find shortened search strings. A search for Spe* might have shown his username. spe* = return search results containing all characters that start with 'spe'.

The TH400 is a tough transmission. Buy one built for towing and offroad use with a heavy duty torque converter and you have a real workhorse. If its fuel savings you want, add a turbo to the 6.2 and buy the fuel efficiency valve body for the TH400. It changes the shift points but you loose the snap and power you had before. The 700 is nice when over built, but early factory 700s are junk and do not last long in heavy duty applications. TCI has some very nice built transmissions. BUT I would stay with the 400 ! I have had several over the years, its only when you starve them for fluid, or cook them that they get hurt .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks