• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 vibration

turbinesurgun

1009 vibraton. 1986 m1009, when i accellerate the truck shudders and vibrates a little bit in the back. i checked universal joints but they are all tight. cruising speed is fine. any suggestions? thanks in advance

GM-M1008

are your tires the same size ? are your tire balanced ?when was the last time you rotated your tires? are your rear tire wearing the same ? If you hit a pot hole or went off roading with the truck and hit something with you rear tires you might have a broken belt (not sure if you can feel it in the rear of the truck)

Last edited:

OL AG '89

Might be a transmission issue??? maybe slipping a little, while accelerating and then evens out once you get going. have you checked the trans fluid lately. check it see if it smells burnt...... or if it's getting discolored, brownish rather than RED....

turbinesurgun

the tires are all new probably less than 1k miles on em but this just started a few days ago. I had thought about the transmission too. gonna give it a service and see if it helps. thanks guys

turbinesurgun

Checked transmission fluid it was fine. So I put truck in neutral and climb under and shake driveshaft one time and figured out the problem. The rear u-joint is shot. When I checked it friday I had it in park and couldn't feel any play. With the transmission in neutral it loosened up and I knew right then what it was. Gonna pick up a u-joint and be back in bidness. Thanks everyone for your help and now I feel like a retard lol. I swear it is the original 1986 joint. It looks as if it still has the blue plastic inserts that hold the cups in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks