• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 voltmeter light

cfish

I haven't pulled my instrument cluster yet. Doing that this weekend. Lights work on all gauges, but no light on the volt gauge. Does that gauge have a bulb?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes

I suggest you download and save all the TMs for the CUCV's.They can answer some of the most basic question, and some of the most complicated questions.

Here's the list(links) that is listed in the CUCV Wiki(in the CUCV forum.

Technical Manuals
LO 9-2320-289-12 is the Lubrication Order
TM 9-2320-289-10 is the Operator's Manual
TM 9-2320-289-20 is the Unit Maintenance Manual
TM 9-2320-289-20P is the Unit Parts Manual
TM 9-2320-289-34 is the Intermediate Maintenance Manual
TM 9-2320-289-34P is the Intermediate Parts Manual
TM 9-2815-237-34 is the Direct Support Manual for the 6.2L and 6.5L Diesels

Wiring Diagrams are located in Appendix F of the -20 and Appendix E of the -34

PLEASE READ the first few pages of the Troubleshooting Section for an explaination of how to read the wiring diagrams

NOTES:
Your first best place to go for information is always to the technical manuals that are available for free download as searchable/printable .pdf files. There is a wealth of information and it is written for the common military man.

First read the Operator’s Manual. This will answer most of the newbie questions that arise on this forum. Then read the Lube Order. This will give you answers to the most common questions about fluids and capacities. Then read the Unit Maintenance Manual. This will give step by step instructions for basic troubleshooting and repairs. If you can’t find what you’re looking for in any of those, then read the Intermediate Maintenance Manual.

The parts manuals will give you schematics followed by a listing of part numbers. You can cross-reference these in the index at the end to find the NSN. Then you can google the NSN and usually find more information.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

Last edited:

cfish

Oh and I went ahead and purchased a CD with the manual on it. I will keep it on board the CUCV so if, god for bid, I'm out on the road and break down and need the asiistance of one of a mechanic, at least we will have access to the manual.

cfish

Never mind, my reading comprehension skills are shot to he@# today. Just saw the link to the bulbs. Thank you kind sir!!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have never needed to buy one but Radio Shack might have them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone remember the days before Internet?

In this case, you would have simply reached up and felt for a bulb, then removed it and driven to the local auto parts store and matched up a replacement.

A step up from that would have been to use the TMs(if you had a hard copy).

Now, we post up, get several ideas/suggestions, then do something that sounds logical and see if the advise was correct.

Just thinking out loud here. Seems like the same results, just a different way of doing it. We have integrated computer usage into everything. Even changing a lightbulb!

Last edited:

cfish

old days

Does anyone remember the days before Internet?

In this case, you would have simply reached up and felt for a bulb, then removed it and driven to the local auto parts store and matched up a replacement.

A step up from that would have been to use the TMs(if you had a hard copy).

Now, we post up, get several ideas/suggestions, then do something that sounds logical and see if the advise was correct.

Just thinking out loud here. Seems like the same results, just a different way of doing it. We have integrated computer usage into everything. Even changing a lightbulb!
Thats funny. Reminds me of when I was a kid and the old Black and White TV would die. Dad would pull the suspected tubes out of it send me to the corner electric shop that had a machine you could plug your tubes in and test them. The owner was friends with my dad and would send me home on my bike with the new tubes in hand. Gotta love technology.

NOT!!