• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 wait light/glow plug card issue

cpf240

If I replace the Glow Plud Relay that is there with the, BWD S603
from O'reilly, will that be a good enough replacement?
Because O'reilly has it for $39.99..
And Napa has the ECH ST85 for about $61.00...
No matter which relay you use, be sure to test and verify that the small terminals are electrically isolated from the case / mounting lugs of the relay housing. The parts house where you buy the relay will probably have a VOM / DVM to use and can show you how to test it using an ohms measurement. There should be NO continuity between the smaller terminals and the case / mounting lugs.

Do not assume that because the box has the correct / expected part number on it that the relay is in fact isolated. Test it for yourself!

epartsman

You can check *bay mine was $189.00 for the good one and they have some decent ones for $65.00. My optimas are the miliary conversion that came with the plastic trays that bolt onto the original trays that the batteries just slide and snap into.

markx250

My 1009 developed these symptoms a few weeks ago and this thread helped me understand what may be the culprit.

Turn key on, wait for the light and fire it up. About 15-20 seconds later, the voltmeter will move over into the green and then for a couple of seconds, a few things happen simultaneously; wait light flickers, voltmeter clicks back and forth wildly and you get the buzzing sound from behind the firewall. Once the buzzing stops, all systems go back to normal and everything seems just fine.

My relay looks to be identical to the Ecklin (NAPA ST85?) in the photo here ...

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/78979-glow-plug-relay-question-3.html#post1011323

Looks new ... pretty sure it was changed before I bought it last November ... will check it out to see if it passes the tests.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks