• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 weak floor?

galeo7171

I noticed that my passenger side floor has cracked. Basically at all four points where the seat mounts, anyone else have this problem? I had to jack up the floor, re-weld the cracked seams, then weld a panel over that, then I'm having line-x sprayed down over that. I'm guessing this will be strong enough now??

AJMBLAZER

RE: Re: RE: M1009 weak floor?

Okay...let's not say rust...let's say corrosion. All metal does it with age and these trucks' floorboards are definitely a weak spot.

It's a common problem on higher mileage civilian trucks as the metal has become brittle and then gets a bit more abused and CRACK goes the floorboards.

galeo7171

Re: RE: Re: RE: M1009 weak floor?

AJMBLAZER said:
Okay...let's not say rust...let's say corrosion. All metal does it with age and these trucks' floorboards are definitely a weak spot.

It's a common problem on higher mileage civilian trucks as the metal has become brittle and then gets a bit more abused and CRACK goes the floorboards.
Will having line-x put down over the entire floor of the blazer strengthen it?

AJMBLAZER

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: M1009 weak floor?

...and make sure it's sealed up good so moisture can't continue the problem or restart it.

galeo7171

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: M1009 weak floor?

CCATLETT1984 said:
no, have it welded up, then do the spray-in liner.
I jacked the floor back up, welded the broken seams, then welded patch panels over that. I'm having the line-x sprayed on, then I'm going underneath the truck to seal up whats under there. Although the underneath of the truck looks brand new, like it had a black rust proofing applied to it

K45

I will say I notice that the seat mount holes are a little close togethor. It seems the weight does not get to distribute the weight well. For my 79 blazer I cut some stripes of 1/8" thich steel and drilled out the seat mounts holes and put the seat on it then the floor. Helps to spread the weight out. Could help yall out and easy to do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks