• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 wheel width?

Dispatcher7

I have an 85 D10 Blazer with the 31 10.5 tires. What is the wheel width? The truck is in Ohio, I’m in New York so I can’t simply measure it myself. Thanks.

nyoffroad

The weekend is half over now, how are you doing? I hope your running 17 (southern tier x-way) and not I 90. Speed limits mostly the same but much less traffic on 17 and you can travel slower and not get run over! Good luck.

Dispatcher7

The weekend is half over now, how are you doing? I hope your running 17 (southern tier x-way) and not I 90. Speed limits mostly the same but much less traffic on 17 and you can travel slower and not get run over! Good luck.
Made it from McComb, OH to my daughters house in Westfield, NY. Heading out in about an hour and taking the southern route. Only concern I have is it seams to have no power around 30-45mph. From a stand still it takes off fine. Above that speed and it runs right along. But in that range of you come to a hill it bogs down. I’m going to try some injector cleaner and a new fuel filter to see if that helps.

joshuak

Made it from McComb, OH to my daughters house in Westfield, NY. Heading out in about an hour and taking the southern route. Only concern I have is it seams to have no power around 30-45mph. From a stand still it takes off fine. Above that speed and it runs right along. But in that range of you come to a hill it bogs down. I’m going to try some injector cleaner and a new fuel filter to see if that helps.

Here's to hoping it solves your issues and you have a safe rest of the trip home. :beer:

LT67

Fuel filter...

Dispatcher7

Just over 700 miles in 2 days. 19 mpg. With a 7 foot snowplow on the front

My son located and looked over this truck for me and handled the purchase. It’s the first vehicle I ever bought with out checking it out my self. I guess I taught him well and am happy with what he found.

it’s an 85 and turned 89,000 miles in the way home.

Thanks to everyone on here for the advice and concern during the trip.

This is also my first retired SteelSolider so I’ll have lots of questions

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just over 700 miles in 2 days. 19 mpg. With a 7 foot snowplow on the front

My son located and looked over this truck for me and handled the purchase. It’s the first vehicle I ever bought with out checking it out my self. I guess I taught him well and am happy with what he found.

it’s an 85 and turned 89,000 miles in the way home.

Thanks to everyone on here for the advice and concern during the trip.

This is also my first retired SteelSolider so I’ll have lots of questions
Glad you made it.
You probably passed by my place on state rt 20 heading to Albany. You said your ride had a lack of power at 30-45 mph. Keep in mind, your driving a "Big Brick" and you slowed it down a bit more pushing allot of air with that 7ft plow.
I trust photos of your new ride are in the cards.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks