• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009: Which Hitch???

Hollowman

I reviewed as many hitch posts as I could without going slightly mad and I still havent found a clear (enough) answer, or I'm just dumber than your average bear. Which class III hitch is the right (best) one for the M1009? Before you point out that its probably option B, let me explain my quandry. There are obviously plenty of brands out there with what appear to be only marginal differences between them. Most seem to go in with minor modifications pertch notches, bent pintle tabs, one loose bolt etc. all of which is fine. I would just like to know which model to buy from say Curt or Reese. There is a very handy link that points to some hitches on "Autopartsdeal.com" Auto Parts and Accessories Catalog - 1986 chevrolet k5 blazer valley hitch - 1986. There is a list of at least three class III hitches but the vehicle date ranges vary from one to the next. Several appear to have different width frame mounts and some have what look like different receiver tube clearances. One of them is a Curt three piece "Multi Fit" which looks especially handy when it comes fitting up to the frame rails and I'm leaning toward that one. Let me also say thanks to everyone who has posted on this topic with pictures of their installations, they'll be very helpful when I do finally settle on a specific model. So if anyone can lend some definitive information on this topic I'm all ears evidently with very little between them.

Thanks All

ssdvc

This is the hitch I put on mine. I removed (and kept) the mil spec pintle and put this one on, which has a pintle function plus a two inch ball on it. It bolted right up to the existing mount and I got it at a 4x4 place, Truckin America. Works great and tows both military and civilian trailers just fine.

Attachments