• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Whip Antenna Tie Down

MSgt USMC (Ret)

Just picked up a complete whip antenna group (antenna, mount, guard). Is there a specific part that I need to secure the end of the antenna to the rear bumper or is this something that can be improvised? Just curious.

Hogg

They have a little metal clip attached to a nylon rope that hooks on the antenna and allows it to side a little bit but I havent the slightest as to where to find one... Wait for it... I'm sure someone will be able to help more than me

topgun217

I have one proper tie down, and for the other side I just used a long section of chute cord and tied to the end of the antenna and then to the bumper so they matched. It works for me. I'll try and send you a pic of the metal piece in a p/m it's nothing complicated

OL AG '89

I've got 2 in the bags....
Here's the part # o.k. a lot of numbers
4020-00-908-6416
FSCM 8063 P/N SC-C-208747
Fiber Rope Assembly
DLA500-89-C-0571

brazengoat06

Got a question. Ive only got antenna mounts on the rear of m1009, if the antenna is mounted on rear of blazer where do you tie down the antenna at? Thanks

edpdx

I used one of these with a rubber fender washer. My antenna is rear mounted on the driver side. The strap- get a stainless one from ACE Hardware, is mounted near the wheel opening. Its mounted in line with the tie down clamp that hooks the antenna. The clamp on the antenna rests just below the antenna ball (Tip)- I followed the hanging line straight down and marked a spot on the fender to run a nut/bolt in to hold the strap.

This works better for me than tying to the front bumper or guard because I can reach out and pull the antenna lower or closer when traveling thru brush. The ball always seems to be getting pulled on when the line is anchored too far forward. I lost one antenna ball this way.
aaaaamages.jpg

Nico

This works better for me than tying to the front bumper or guard because I can reach out and pull the antenna lower or closer when traveling thru brush. The ball always seems to be getting pulled on when the line is anchored too far forward. I lost one antenna ball this way.
IMG_0733.jpg
this is why i used 2 component glue for the "antenna end pins" i am going to put the original antenna balls over it.

edpdx

Nico,

Thanks for the picture. I like the way things are tied down. I have only one antenna -on the driver side. ....but... :drool: