• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 windsheild prices

rfischba1

Anyone have any idea what a windsheild would cost for a M1009, won one at Meade today, it has a small 3" crack in the windshield?

Should I look for a new one or used??

Cost???

acetomatoco

RE: Window

Wait til after you register it and then the insurance can cover it. Most states won't fail u in inspection if it is not in the wiper swept area.

papercu

shield

and then the insurance can cover it
And everybody wonder why their insurance keeps going up.
I must admit I'm a little (well more than a little) surprised that you would tell someone to do that. O well I keep hearing "There are no more heroes" ..... Wayne

JohnFire

RE: shield

yes but many of us pay our rates for years and years and never once make a claim. so for them to use some of our money on what we pay it for isn't too bad as long as you aren't over doing it. our rates keep going up because of constant frivlous lawsuits and the outrageous cost for new vehicle body repair. ie a plastic headlight assembly that cost $600, and all plastic bumpers that protect nothing on the vehicles body but keep money going back to the manufacturers.

Tanner

If you shop around, you might be surprised to find that you can get a windshield replaced for cheaper out of pocket than your deductable costs... this has been my experience.

Tanner

jimm1009

M1009 windsield price

I purchased one two years ago and put it in myself. $150 would be a really good price as mentioned above. The glass is about 80 to 100 dollars so 50 to 60 dollars labor is not bad.
I put in a new seal too so that was another 30 dollars or so but mine was very old and cracking.
You can do it but the price is good if you can have it installed for that.
Jim

cr4x4cruiser

Make a claim against the insurance company? Full coverage on a M1009? The last time I had any vehicle with full coverage, the vehicle had a $1000 deductible. Even then, the rate was a bit steep.

I digress...

Plenty of windshields to be had. Easy-enough to replace - with a bit of patience. However, I prefer to let the "professionals" do it. You might check on Craigslist in your area. I'm sure there are guys that do it for a living, and could use an extra few bucks.

Cost of windshield = $200 max. (used)

Cost of removal/ install = $100 max.

(based on pricing in around L.A.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks