• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 wiring problem

Payador

Im not sure if this solenoid is a factory item or not. Mechanic who had this truck running has disappeared on me and i found these three wires disconnected from the solenoid bolted to the firewall. I reconnected the blue wire, but the other two I have no clue as to where they go. Controller card has been bypassed per your instructions posted in this forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Im giving this truck to my brother for x-mas and would love to have it run again. Here are the pictures, I downloaded 3 different wiring diagrams from you guys but cannot locate the wires pictured and where they go. :oops:

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: M1008 wiring problem

I'll help you out as soon as I get home from work today, I have 2 M1008's ;)

tsmall07

While we're on the subject....how 'bout this one? This solenoid is located on the pass side inner fender. The truck runs like it is, but I figure thats supposed to connect somewhere...

The wire you see not connected to anything and the wire connected to the left post of the solenoid right beside it are one in the same.

TIA

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
tsmall07 said:
While we're on the subject....how 'bout this one? This solenoid is located on the pass side inner fender. The truck runs like it is, but I figure thats supposed to connect somewhere...

The wire you see not connected to anything and the wire connected to the left post of the solenoid right beside it are one in the same.

TIA
Has the truck been converted to 12volts?, that looks like a remote solenoid setup for the starter. Or that was used to supply power to some sort of accessory.......where does the actuating wire on the solenoid go?

Michael

That looks like the original wiring for the glow plugs that has been bypassed with the manual switch. He must have run new wires for the push button. here are some pics of one of my trucks.

http://1plant4u.smugmug.com/gallery/2338485#122362873

New folder means new style GI relay,old is the original defective relay and NAPA is the one I bought at NAPA which has the 12v feed from the 12V buss and bypassed the resister.

Payador

Excellent, that is exactly what I needed! I can see clearly where the wires go now! Thanks so much fellas! I will let you know how it turns out!

:lol:

tsmall07

FMJ said:
Has the truck been converted to 12volts?, that looks like a remote solenoid setup for the starter. Or that was used to supply power to some sort of accessory.......where does the actuating wire on the solenoid go?
I didn't think it had, but it may have been I guess. The actuating wire is going into a wire loom that I just discovered goes to my snow plow and into the truck. I haven't tried the hydrolics on the plow to see if they work. I guess its the ground for the plow?

I think I may have found the short thats making my head light fuse burn out. Those wires to the plow are completely open around the battery tray.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Most likely for the plow power, is the plow equipment still mounted? If you aren't going to use the plow I would make sure there are no hot connections to the wiring for it, or make sure the leads are insulated from ground. There is probably a reason the wires were unhooked......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks