• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 with six inch lift and 35s

REDWOLF

Looking for some pics of m1009 with six inch lift and 35 or larger tires. I am going to be installing a six inch lift on mine when the weather breaks, and would like to see what she will look like. Thanks.

richingalveston

5 inch lift and 39 X 11 tires

here is my rig.
has 5 inch lift. (4 inch with zero rates)

tires are 39 X 11, just narrow enough for them to fit in the fender wells.
my front fenders have heavy modification allowing the fender well to be 4 inches bigger. I have no rubbing anywhere on the front. slight rub in back when tire is fully stuffed. Just need a small trim in back to remedy that rub.

There are tons of lifted 1009 on this site.
the must have is cross over steering. hydro assist is the best.

Attachments

richingalveston

you have to do everything to go bigger than 35 and be a reliable trail rig. If it is a grocery getter then you can cut a lot of corners.

that includes a 1 ton axle swap, springs, shackle flip, cross over steering, 205 t-case (I used an ord magnum for an adaptor). CV joint outputs front and rear of t-case.
new shocks, extended shock mounts, longer brake lines, longer parking brake line. New drive shafts or modified existing to vv joint and larger yokes. a cross member change or modification. Possibly a t-case drop kit.

If you do all that then you might as well put a locker in the front and add hydro steer and a 4l80e. I have done all of this to my truck. I have posted most of it. search my post and you will see the large amount of work and money required.

It is no small job or a cheap job to do it right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks