• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Won't Start Suddenly and Melted Battery Post

MarcusOReallyus

1. Download the TM. You should have all of them, but right now you want the maintenance manual, known as the "dash twenty". The full title is "TM9-2320-289-20.pdf"
  2. Go to page 88, Chapter 2-23, look for "15. CRANKS BUT WILL NOT START"
  3. Follow the procedures.

The Technical Manuals were written so that an 18 year old soldier with zero experience could follow them and get good results. They accomplish that mission.

OR, you can flail around trying this and that. Your choice.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have a voltmeter, check the voltage on the large terminal of the glow plug relay that has the orange wires. Need to know what the voltage is when it is closed and providing voltage to the orange wires.

I think you either have a bad GP relay or multiple glow plugs that are not working correctly.

cucvrus

I would not change the fuel filter until you get it started. You are just adding more issues to the problem. I would pull the glow plugs check them or change them. if you smell diesel and are getting smoke. You are getting fuel. Now all you need is heat to ignite it. Or a small whiff of ether to get it fired up. But I would get it started and good and warmed up before I would change the fuel filter. Thats just me. Good Luck report back. And check with a test light to see that the current is going thru the firewall relay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks