• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 wont start

Cookv

So the other morning it started up after a few cycles of the glow plugs and after about 5 minutes of idling I gave it a little gas and it died. Since than when i try to start it, it turns over but wont start. It has fuel and I tried charging both batteries but it didn't change the situation. I don't know where to start as im new to diesels. I've tried searching but couldn't find any posts with this problem or I just missed them. Thanks for any help!

ohfisherman

look for air in fuel line. mine did the same thing. line was rusted back by the tank. try the bleeding procedure and see if it starts and runs again for a little while.

mistaken1

If you can get a copy of the -20 TM it has a nice troubleshooting section that will walk you through the process step by step.

Did you check for voltage on the pink wire on top of the IP? Can you hear the fuel shutoff soleniod engage and disengage when you remove the pink wire and replaced it? Did you remove the check valve and clean it?

There are lots of posts that describe all of those things as they relate to a 'no start'.

erniemigi

have someone crank the engine while you open the fuel bleeder valve on top of the fuel filter 2 see if you are getting fuel to that point, if you are when was the last time the fuel filter has been changed, if you don't know i would recommend changing it.

wikallen

In this super cold weather the last few days, you may have gelled? Have you been blending your fuel?

Cookv

I tried bleeding and wasnt seeing any fuel. and as for gelling I brought it into a heated garage because I thought thats what it was too.

erniemigi

If you had turned the knob on top of the fuel filter and you ain't getting any fuel coming out while somebody is cranking it, then most likely your fuel pump is not working or you have air that has gotten in the line, i would start with the fuel pump, check all your wires that lead to it including the ground wire, the knob should look like a plus symbol +