• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Work in Progress.

bbbang

I have been doing a bunch of work on the redo of one of my M1009's and thought some of the folks on the boards might enjoy the pictures. I just put in insulation and carpet, a Chevy console, and then put in the stereo head unit and the two front speakers. I have made side panels and top rail covers (undrilled) out of steel treadplate. I am also working on a roll cage, but hate to grind and sand when it is hot. Also have four leather bucket seats to go into the Blazer, with custom mounting brackets. I also have a black cloth top in the box but haven't opened it yet. Chris

Attachments

Bobert

Be sure to show us how the four bucket seats look. I am thinking about it, I have 07 cloth mustang seats in it now. I have been wondering how much room there would be inbetween the rear buckets. Maybe enough room for the gunner to stand and look out my future devilman96 style hatch.

Looks good so far, keep it up.

JerseyMud609

looks very nice. the cab of my cucv had big rust holes in the flore for AC in the sumer time. but thats not as custom as yours. that truck looks very nice my frined keep up the grate work

bbbang

M1009 Work in Progress

I am still working on my M1009 slowly but surely. I have added a cloth top, mounted my antenna, added GPS and a rear view camera. I also am putting in a led interior light system (green lights of course). I have finished redoing the 3/4 ton rear ends front and back to like new. I have my new tires and wheels and am getting ready to put the lift kit and rear ends on for the 33" tires. I have been putting off the grinding and sanding of the roll cage, but will get to that nasty job soon. Here are a few pictures. Chris

Attachments

blitzengine

Great job! I like the grey interior, looks much better than the old burgundy interior. What do you have mounted on the dash? Is it the rear view camera or the GPS?

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks