• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009's recovered ou of ft sill

edgebar

well, won three m1009's in septembr, finally got euc last week.
i had priest brothers in lawton ok pick the 3 m1009's up and haul to thier yard so carhauler can get them. they said 1 out of the three started. they all cranked, which i find amazing after sitting so long. so now i will finally get them next week.
now to see why they wont start.
one out of the three is white, so as i've seen in other threads, white is navy? interesting. i wonder how hard to blast off the white?
one is tan inside but camo outside.
looking forward to finally joining the ranks of MV owner

joeman_80128

Quick question? How hard was it to find someone to get those trucks for you? I live in Colorado and I've been seeing alot of nice m1009's in OK and MA on GL for auction but I don't know how to get them back here? I could get time off work for the ones in Kansas or Oklahoma to go get them but the east coast ones are way to far. Would they let you just drive the running ones off or do you have to haul them cause of the legality stuff?

edgebar

ft sill recovery

Quick question? How hard was it to find someone to get those trucks for you? I live in Colorado and I've been seeing alot of nice m1009's in OK and MA on GL for auction but I don't know how to get them back here? I could get time off work for the ones in Kansas or Oklahoma to go get them but the east coast ones are way to far. Would they let you just drive the running ones off or do you have to haul them cause of the legality stuff?

i had to find a shipper(auto transport) to ship from OK to MT.
1600 miles, had a tough time, but when i was willing to pay more, instant interest in shipping for me.
i had priest brothers towing in lawton ok pick them up off the base, paid 65$ each. they took them to their yard and will assist the hauler in loading if needed, two would not start. i thought that was a very fair price. kathy at GL in ft sill was very helpful as well. paid $895 each to ship, way more than i wanted, but what are you going to do? i had a $675 shipping bid, but they never came through with a truck.
new company at $ 895, came up with a truck next day.
having done it once now, i would do it again, but allow for higher priced shipping.