• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 A1 Trailer

gabe greene

Hi, I am restoring my M101 A1 trailer. It did not have a data plate. Does anybody know what year my trailer would be and who made it?? Thanks Gabe . I have attached a pic.m101 trailer pic.jpg

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think that there's any way to tell for certain. Mine is a 1968 Jeta Manufacturing. There were several manufacturers.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, it has the old m101 axle, but it also has the A2 parking brakes. Hard to say. What does the taillights look like? Does the wire harness have a junction on the drivers side of the "A" frame?

quickfarms

Those are the A1 parking brakes. At leas both of my A1's have them on it.

Unless the trailer was released years ago most, if not all, have been converted to the large tail lights.

They reflectors appear to be missing

The M101 had different parking brakes

What does your paperwork say?

gabe greene

no paperwork, bought it from a scrap guy for 200 bucks. Had holes in the bed, and gas tank under with a filler neck on the right side. I removed all of that. Maybe that info will help me find a year it was made and a maker. reflectors I have, they had metal frames and not a matching painted one. Data plate was gone and also gone was the lifting plate. really want to find replacements.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
68 was a huge year for the M101s. Jeta and Casemaster were very prevalent builders. How many holes in the bed? It was certainly a PU unit. Could have had one or two gensets in it. Check for a rectangular pattern of holes for the gensets. 2 sets = 2 gensets. FYI, there is a good market for the under bed fuel tank.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks