• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101-A2 Drum Brake conversion?

sapper043

I would like to try and keep the costs of adding electric brakes to the trailer to a minimum and at the same time retain the 8 bolt hubs. I am curious if anyone has just replaced the backing plates and drums to convert to electric without replacing the entire axle?

Weight is not a concern but usabiliity is for me. I want to use this trailer a lot.

sapper043

I removed the ring and master to replace with a different coupler. This is my second M101A2 and I have never been happy with the stock braking. I have had a number of problems with it in the past and just want to eliminate them before I completely rebuilt/redo the entire trailer.

I want to only carry one coupler in the truck and not have to carry 2 I also want to be able to remove it to prevent theft.