• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 Dimensions Folded for Shipping

The M101 trailers can be folded for shipping by removing the 2 bolts on the toung.

Does anyone know how tight they cat be oriented for shipping with the toung folded.

I have searched the forum and google finding no information about this, altough in the past, I have seen pictures of many of them in a row. in cargo holds.

Im looking to find out how many I can fit on a trailer in this orientation. I do not have a problem with removing the cargo sides to get them tight.

Thanks for your information

bobclausius

I have never try it but if you put the trailer on its back end tailgate down, the trailer would be about 6' 2" wide and about 4' 3" long and about 8' 2" high. so do your math and see how many fits on the size trailer. Make sure that you unhook the brake line and move the light wires. I dont think you can fold the tong up to the axle with out doing so. Look at the tech manual for m101a2 I think it tells you how to ship them and store them.

16, 20, 24 foot trailer Pickup

Picked up a bunch of Trailers.

It looks to me that on a 16' car trailer, a person could get 3 M101 Trailers.

The white trailer in the pics is a 20' and the black on is 24'. Both could have been arranged to carry more than the way we stacked them.

There is at least 4' of extra room on the white trailer which would mean you could get 3 M101's on a 16' trailer if stacked appropriately.

Attachments

Green_gator

I think that if you inverted one trailer and stacked it on top you could take two pairs of them with the tongues facing the center and put four on the trailer. Having said that, while they would fit you would want to have plenty of chains, chocks and straps to hold everything in place. I have seen a number of threads with one stacked on another and some wood pegs to help hold them in place. Rough drawing of what I am thinking (done in excel as this computer has nothing for drawing loaded.)

Attachments

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A way is to fold the hitch part of the tongue upward - the rear-most part of the tongue forms legs to stand on. This way, the trailer can remain fully loaded. If you want to stack one on top, just reverse the top one and let the tongue hang down/up, off the back. Tis will shorten the space required for the tongues, drawn in the above drawing. Note: The folding tongue was never designed as a so called "dump trailer"! The wiring and brake fluid line takes a hit if you try to dump it.

j2sax

Dimensions of M101A

I have a J20 with a cratered bed. Hope this isn't blasphemy, but I have thought about getting an M101 and using the bed as a replacement for my my J20 bed.

DO you know what the measurement is from the front "wall" of the trailer bed to the center of the wheelwell?

THanks,

Jesse

Preacherboy

Picked up a bunch of Trailers.

It looks to me that on a 16' car trailer, a person could get 3 M101 Trailers.

The white trailer in the pics is a 20' and the black on is 24'. Both could have been arranged to carry more than the way we stacked them.

There is at least 4' of extra room on the white trailer which would mean you could get 3 M101's on a 16' trailer if stacked appropriately.
I pics 6 and 7 is that first trailer have anything removed off the rear to get it to stand up that high?

I bought 4 m101a2 trailers and my recovery is coming up in a few days. I have access to a 18' car hauler for free...and maybe a 20' flat deck from a rental company. I had a tri-axle flat deck that was 20' long available from a buddy, but he sold it on me!

bob in post #3 said when "standing" up like that they take up 4'3" of room, if that is true 4 trailers would only take up 17' of space. Will the tongues fold up on an a2?

Last edited:

mrfishaholic

removing that pin is not for shipping, it wont save much if any space to "tilt" or "dump" the trailer bed, it is designed to allow for dump/tilt capability so ramps are not needed for loading, never ever seen one in a dump configuration for shipping...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks