• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 Dimensions, or, will it fit in a M105

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have 2 trailers to pick up in Santa Fe, 105&101, I'd rather not take the Deuce. Will the M101 fit in the bed of the M105? I did a search for dimensions/specs for the 101 but came up dry...

Or, if someone could measure the width of their M101, at the widest point (outside edge of tires, or fenders) that would help out alot.

Thanks,
Ed

CGarbee

I have photos of both of my M101's on my website including shots of the weight and dimension dataplates that may be used to see the width, etc...

73.5" is what is given for the outside to outside measurment for the width of the body, total length with drawbar down is 147", length with drawbar up is 101"

See:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos9.htm
or see:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos16.htm

I don't have photos of either my M104's or M105's dataplates to reference from work so I can't answer that part for you...

Good luck

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks, I have "several" :roll: M105's at home and a tape measure.......so the 101 data is what I needed, Thanks!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Awesome thanks. Do you think I could back the 105 up to a loading ramp, set the parking brake, then back the 101 into the 105 from a loading ramp?
The fenders may prove a problem in the 105, I had GL load the 101 with a fork lift.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Loading ramp should work BUT be sure to put the REAR landing leg down. The weight of the 101 going into the 105 will stand the 105 straight up. Don`t forget to put the landing leg bak up. Good luck,, I`d probably forget it