• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 electrical question

paramilusmc

Will the electrical system on this M101 fit my M1009 CUCV Blazer? I want this trailer bad but wont be able to bring it home unless I can make the lights work, as far as I know the trailer and M1009 are both stock. I included a pic of the trailer and the placard for identification.

I know the 416 is the appropriate size for the CUCV, but really hard to find and from what I have read these are actually smaller.

Thank you in advance for all your replies.

Attachments

Barrman

That is a 416. The Canadian 101 is the US 416. Yes, the plug will fit your 1009 and yes it will pull it great.

Now, are the wires any good and do the lights on the trailer work? Who knows.

captw

M101CDN2 trailer

first of all, that is NOT!!!!!! a 416 trailer!...the CDN trailer is a helluva lot better!...heavier trailer, similar size bed, better built...bulbs are probably still 24V, as used for the Iltis...most of these trailers never even made into CDN service, and sold surplus w/o ever having turned a wheel in military service...will work perfect for the M1009, as I say, may just have to change the bulbs to 12V

Barrman

I agree it is a lot better trailer. I think the hand holds in the corners are pure genius too. I wasn't trying to slight the CDN trailer. He asked about the wiring plug and I gave him the proper answer. The 101/416/CDN101 differences have been hashed, discussed and mentioned so much here that I didn't feel it was worth going through them again. Sorry.

paramilusmc

But the plugs will work with the stock plugs for the M1009? Also isn't the electrical plug/outlet on the back of the M1009 24 volts? I think if its hasn't been modified it would be perfect.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Assuming it is stock, it will plug right up and work. Thats the beauty of NATO standards. Put in "known good 12V" bulbs, and assuming the wiring is good, it will work. I have a CDN M101, it's great, and I use it frequently.

If the M416 was kept in US service I'll bet the A2 version would of had these mods.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks