• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 fuel tank option

Guyfang

Staff member
Early in the thread, someone said that the tank was a field mod. Not so. There are TM's for certin PU, and PP's that had this mod. Keep in mind, we are talking about a piece of equipment that is at LEAST 40 years old, and I think its closer to 50.

Jeepadict

Any suggestions where I might start to find the TM that would be more specific than the consolidated trailer TM? We Chair Force types get confused easily with the green books, haha!

I'm totally game to "recreate the wheel" or build from scratch since building an aluminum fuel tank is rather commonplace in parts of the country, but reinventing the wheel only works for some guys so I'd be happy with somewhere (a refrence location) to start...if I can find one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Guyfang

Staff member
It would help a bunch if someone looked on their trailer, for the PU or PP data plate. It should be in TM5-6115-365-15, if its anywhere. Its 00:12 in the morning here, I will, if I have some time in the later morning hours try and take a look see. I have attached the TM, in case you cant sleep!

Attachments

Jeepadict

Thanks Guyfang, I appreciate the knowledge. I haven't found someone who actually has a trailer with a tank installed, time may tell. The PDF download failed on this end.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the set up. It was on m101a1 and maybe m101.
It has a front protective shield, 2 long brackets to mount the tank with 2 ordinary insulated fuel tank straps, fuel tank, filler neck, deuce style filler/strainer and a support strap for filler.

Fuel tank has a vent to filler neck. Top of tank has a standard 3/8 pipe thread inlet.

Tank I was told is a m37 but I have no experience we with those so ymmv.

I do have the pu # but don't recall off hand.

My bed was rotten and I replaced with a latter style ribbed bed. I was able to resuse everything but had to slightly cut underneath by the reinforced rib that was not on the original.

I had another set up I sold to another member out west but not sure if he ever installed it?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
See if this will download.

EDIT: I tried the first file, and it worked for me.
LOL, I was searching for that TM. I knew I had it, found it on a CD. I have several old Dept. of the Army TM CDs. After finding it I see that I am late to the game. LOL

Jeepadict

LOL, I was searching for that TM. I knew I had it, found it on a CD. I have several old Dept. of the Army TM CDs. After finding it I see that I am late to the game. LOL
Better to be late than to have never been at all. I appreciate it all the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks