• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 inside M105?

Barrman

If the timing works out, I will be picking up 2 M105's and a M101 at the same time. I don't have room for 3 trailers though and they are 400 miles away. Space saving thinking got applied and I came up with this.

Looking at the manuals, the max overal width of a M101 is 73.4". The inside body width of a M105 is 74". Has anybody here ever actually put a M101 inside a M105 bed?

Thanks.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Been there, got the T-shirt.....

the 101 has to be loaded facing backwards, with the 101 tires in front of the wheel wells on the 105, or you will have positive tongue weight on the 105, also the 105 has to have the side rails removed.

I've got pics I can post when I get home.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Barrman, If the 105s are already loaded in the back of the M35s , how are you going to put the 101 into the 105?????

Looked at the trucks this morning to sign the paperwork. 2 running and one with no batteries. I will be picking them up this afternoon. Talk about jumping thru hoops. I will give you the details later.

Warthog

Barrman

Thanks for verifiying they will fit together.

Joe, I hadn't gotten beyond the "hmmmm, I wonder?" part. I will call you later.