• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 - Landing gear lean, is this normal?

445gsdss

I just purchased a M101 with MEP-002A on it. I got the trailer home and parked it in the garage. I then noticed a significant amount of lean to the landing gear. Is this normal or a problem? Unpinning the gear (with the tongue supported with jack) allowed me to look at it in between up and down positions and it looks ok, ie. doesn't appear bent, holes stretched, broken, etc. In fact, I'm not quite sure how the amount of lean could even be present based on my inspection of the post and the flange. (with the 2 locking holes in it)

Thanks for any input.

photo 3.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 1.jpg

photo.jpg

3dAngus

It has obviously been damaged, and it took a lot of torque to do so. Look at the bottom pad. That is no little ding. Someone dragged it hooked up to the truck with foot down. If you look closer, I'm sure you will find more issues up top too.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has obviously been damaged, and it took a lot of torque to do so. Look at the bottom pad. That is no little ding. Someone dragged it hooked up to the truck with foot down. If you look closer, I'm sure you will find more issues up top too.
Ditto

3dAngus

I took some pictures for you on the alternate landing leg for the M116 and M101 series trailers.
You can see the landing legs go with tilt, and straight up. Even so, yours requires a close examination to see if there is any other residual damage, based on the damage to the foot. Good luck with it.

p.s. Theses are pictures I took of three different trailers for you. A M116A2, a M101A2, and a M101A1. It was the M101A2 that had the tilted leg this time around.

The good news is, on the M101A2 with the tilted leg as indicated in picture number 4,
it did not spill the drink. :3dAngus:

Attachments

Last edited:

3dAngus

Look at the warped out lift rings on that generator.
Looks like that rig was owned by a 800 pound gorilla.
Good news is, the slant on the landing leg may be normal. Are there two pin holes on that leg?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at the TMs I have on both the 101 and 116 trailers and the leg is shown as vertical in all of the drawings I saw. Also, if you look at the bottom of the foot, the foot doesn't set flat against the ground if the leg is tilted.

KsM715

If you just pull the pin and let the leg swing free it will go past the locking hole and allow the pin to drop in behind where it is supposed to. ( that would let the leg look like it does in pic #4 in 3dAngus post)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks