• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 Lunette ring size

I'm going to be picking up a couple of 101's soon and was planning on using my Suburban for the recovery. If I were buying a plain old pintle hook, I've already discovered what size to buy and I've even discovered what height the trailer tongue should sit at. Since I still need to buy normal hitch setups for that truck anyways, I was considering buying a dual purpose hitch for the "heavier" trailers I'll haul with it.

So my question is, if I buy a 2-5/16" ball/pintle combo, will that work for towing a M101 trailer or will I have to use a standalone pintle hook?

Chief_919

The combo hook will work, but my experience is that the combo hooks are more prone to binding up when backing or turning.

OK, I'll buy the plain jane pintle hook. 2-5/16" would have been my choice though since that's what most larger trailers use (either 2-5/16" ball or a pintle). I already have a 2" ball for that truck.

hogtruck

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can get the one combo and change the ball if needed for other aplications. I got the 2-5/16. Works well for me.

MIhunter

I have the combo hitch on my truck with the 2in ball. I don't care for it as I run M101A1 and there is ALOT of slop when towing. It bangs around more than just a standard pintle. I am currently looking for another set up.

bullfrog1234

I have a 2 inch reciever and the bar that slips into it has a flat bar of metal with height holes in it. I bolted a pintel hitch to it at the hight i wanted it for my M101 and it pulls really well. I just change it to the ball when i pull my other trailers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks