• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 / M105 trailer prices

CobraCDR

I'm looking at picking up a trailer when I get back to the states from Afghanistan. What are the M101s or M105s going for on GL these days? I'm unable to access the GL sites from here.

Thanks!

Ressoldier

It depends on location you are bidding at and how many they have of each at the time. I notice the ones nearest me barstow, go for almost 2-3 times what they do at Nellis another 100miles away. When I got my M101 I got it from Nellis and drove the extra few miles. Big thing is watch the type of trailer you want from a couple of the locations near you and then decide where to go from average pricing after that.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ripley in MN (close to you) has had alot of nice trailers that are closing under $500. Both 101's and 105's.

CobraCDR

I have spent a lot of time in the back '40 of Camp Ripley and will be watching there when I'm home. Unfortunately, our internet access is somewhat limited and I'm unable to see GL, e-bay, etc. from here. At least I have access here!

Last edited:

3dAngus

Numbers?
M101A2 wagon only $400 w/fees
M101A2 with cover and bows $525 w/fees
M101A3 wagon $525 w/fee
M101A3 w/Hmwwv wheels, top bows and cover $650 w/fees
Green brings higher prices than tan

M105A2 wagon only $335 w/fees
M105A2 with top bows and cover $425 w/fees
M105A2 green camo more than green, which is more than tan. Prices vary up and down those ranges, depending on condition, rust, and location. Some weeks are better than others at the same location. It's unpredictable, but these are excellen averages for all but the Pacific coast, where prices are higher due to retailers buying up all the good stuff and reselling them to those people who have more money then sense.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are reasonable both at Ripley and Ft McCoy. I just got back from picking up a 101 with new radials, bows, and tarp (green) for $265 + fees.

Oldfart

I have seen M101a2's with bows and canvas go for $1250 not counting fees and tax. Every time I bid on 101's the auction is hot and they sell for around $600 with or without canvas. My son and I have deduced that is because there is no other source for 500 miles around us. That said, we have managed to pick up several nice 105's locally and a couple were actually minimum bid with canvas and bows. I have noticed some of what we buy locally has been shipped in from Ft. Riley, which makes me wonder.

Crouse

You must be referring to the 101A2 that sold out of Golden recently when you say $1250. I think that trailer was bought by someone who thought it had the generator that was wrongly shown in one of the pictures. I was bidding on it early but it got way out of hand. Apparently some Colorado Mustang car club wound up buying the majority of trailers out of Golden recently. I still got the best one, though....

Oldfart

Yes, that was one of the really high dollar trailers. We bid for a while on the M101a1's, but decided that was too much when all we wanted was a set of good 9.00x16 tires. We were trying to match a pair we already have. We bid the same way on the last lot of M101a1's at Carson, but again they went for more than I want to spend for tires. Not too long ago, I saw an M101a2 sell for $1070 at Carson. My son bought some M105 beds out of Ft. Riley in Kansas, but by the time we made the trip and hauled them home, we would have been better to buy whole M105s out of Carson and strip the beds with parts left over. ~~~ Wonder what a Mustang Club need with M101's?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks