• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 NOS trailer cover

waltham41

I'm looking on fleabay at a NOS camo cover for a M101 series trailer. Mfg date is 2018 by the company that contracts them for the military built to military specs.

My question.. back in my day covers like these were made out of a fairly durable heavy canvas, what can I expect a 2018 cover to be made out of?

I'd hate to spend $400 for something that wont last a year.

Thanks!

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know exactly what you are talking about. The duct fabric is a hell of a lot more durable than the thinner vinyl product. From the looks of the pics of the cover for sale in question to me it shore looks like the duct fabric. Real hard to come by in green color these days.

Mark

s-l400 - 2023-01-04T203945.841.jpg

waltham41

I know exactly what you are talking about. The duct fabric is a hell of a lot more durable than the thinner vinyl product. From the looks of the pics of the cover for sale in question to me it shore looks like the duct fabric. Real hard to come by in green color these days.

Mark

[So are these tarps that you can leave on the trailer or do you need to take them off and store them when not in use?/QUOTE]

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine has been on my trailer for seven years and counting. One mod I do to keep it from sagging between the hoops is to use 1/2" shock cord tied from one hoop to the other. I have three rows like that and it keeps the tarp tight.

Mark

Resized_20190726_113839(1)_resized.jpeg

waltham41

Mine has been on my trailer for seven years and counting. One mod I do to keep it from sagging between the hoops is to use 1/2" shock cord tied from one hoop to the other. I have three rows like that and it keeps the tarp tight.

Mark

Nice

Mark

Nice looking trailer. Hopefully Mine will hold up as well as yours.

Thanks for the tip!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks