• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 recovery from Letterkenny Depot in PA

hooch364

Well, after a long wiat for the EUC. I finally got my first GL trailer. Made to the depot for my appointment and was helped out very nicely by personnel there. Threw on some magentic lights and towed home without any problems. I have to adjust the pintle down a bit to make it level up. I think it looks good for a 40 year old trailer though. thanks for the help and insight from the forum members.

Attachments

JB

Good looking trailer. I like those tires. You may be able to turn the lunnette over to accomplish the levelling of the trailer. Congrats

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sharp trailer. You'll get a lot of use out of it. Next thing, you'll be looking for the side boards & canvas.

Lee in Alaska

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got mine from Letterkenny also this week!

Trailer was towed same way, using mag lights and a pintle on the truck. No one took notice. Trailer is nice with minor rust only where the paint is chipped. Has new tires, bows and cover. I'll paint to match the M-715 and add the generator for the radio shelter.

Attachments

jimm1009

I have a question concerning the wheels and tires.
I too will be recovering one from about 800 miles away.
Is there a civilian wheel that will fit the hub? I can not depend on having good tires on the one that I purchased + not having a spare.
I would like to take three known-to-be-good tires and wheels or at least two good ones & taking a chance on using one of the existing military wheels/tires in case of a flat.
I would like to use tubeless tires and wheels for the trip of 800 miles one-way back home.
Thanks,
Jim

jimm1009@yahoo.com

jimm1009

#2 from Jimm1009

Does anyone have the numbers for the bearings and races and seals for the M101A1 trailer axle? I think that I will take some new, pre-packed bearings and seals in order to avoid having to take a chance on bad bearings and/or no grease.
Jim
jimm1009@yahoo.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks