• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 restore

Patattack

I have this 1953 m101 for 6 years. It came from a gentleman in Romney WV that bought it from the town when they had there civil defense program. It had what look like a old 10kw military generator on it probably. Couldn’t tell what he should it to me but I don’t remember what it was. But originally it belong to the 28th infantry division 228th supply and transport battalion in Ft Indiantown gap PA. It was probably donated to the town or bought for the civil defense program. I painted it red and left it in it civil defense configuration for awhile as they painted it red with a CD logo on the back. Until I finally found a camo cover for it and decided the red has togo, its in really good shape for its year just one spot of rust thats it, he told me it sat in a warehouse for years and it shows. But here some pics I thought I share with you guys. I stripped it down blasted all the parts even the leaf springs, and repainting it. Its been a fun summer project! The funniest part of this was taking the 60 year old tires off. Frame is done but still have the tub todo.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks