• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 Series Trailer cover fitment

Metternacht

Ok, I have searched and didn't find anyone else asking this question.

I have two trailers with bows and covers. One is an M101A1 with wooden sides and bows and the other on an M101A3 with composite sides and metal bows. Both covers are the same size, I checked them. However they seem to be a bit large for the trailers. the sides hang down past the wheel wells and the fit is loose. The tie down ropes can barely be tied as the connection point is so close to the tie down hooks. My Question is how are they supposed to fit? I have searched and cannot find any information on what the height of the bows is supposed to be or where the cover is supposed to ride. I have read the TM and the only thing I can think of is the covers are for a generator trailer or they were made large.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'll post pics as soon as I get home and it stops raining.

Thanks.

indy4x4fab

Banned
some body put m116 gen. unit covers on your 101s, that's why they are to long and a hair baggy. I have a couple m101 camo covers left, if you need or want true fitting ones. The m116 gen. cover are ment to go basily down pat the wheel wells a bit and tie down even all the way around, as well as the bowes for a m116 gen. trailer are wider and go from edge to edge of the trailer.

Hope I helped you out here.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics would be most usefull. Does the cover have a cutout on the side for a fenderwell? Bow height may need adjustment too. Pics will be the source of the answer.

Monkeyboyarmy

I had the same issue with some 101A2's that I bought out of Ft Drum. 1 out of the 4 was fine. The other 3 were just a bit too long and also the tie downs on the side didn't line up with the hooks. These covers were brand spankin new. So I just assumed that they were for the 101A3's. I know that the A3's have an extra support on the outside so I figured that they moved the hooks slightly. ?????

captw

fitment of vinyl covers

the evil Dr. porkchop is right on the money...I have the camo cover on my M101A2 trailer which sits just above the tie downs(p/n is correct as per manual)...the bows are the proper length, not cut down as some would suggest was done when carrying a generator...my buddy has a M101A2 with green cover, same length bows, his cover fits perfectly(p/n is correct as per manual)...as a side note, I also have a M116A2 with correct cover, cutouts for wheel wells...this is a totally different cover in looks and fitment...W

Last edited:

Metternacht

Ok, Just so the pictures are on record here is what they look like. The Part number is correct so I am going to go with Evil Dr. Porkchop. Thanks for the replies.

Attachments

indy4x4fab

Banned
Ok, Just so the pictures are on record here is what they look like. The Part number is correct so I am going to go with Evil Dr. Porkchop. Thanks for the replies.
That is the right cover. The nsn number matches my m101a1-2 covers. M101a3 covers are a little bit different then the m101a1-2 covers like Monkeyboyarmy because of the extra tie down rope.

http://miscpartsmanuals2.tpub.com/TM-9-2330-202-14-P/TM-9-2330-202-14-P0340.htm

here's where you can double check me but thats it, an m101a1 cover green (the -2 at the end means green, if it had a -1 at the end it would be tan).

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When life deals you lemons, make lemonade. Extend the bows up 4" and enjoy some extra height inside.

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I just went thru the large trailer cover problem with my M101A3. It came with a cover that also was to long from top to bottom. The cover is fairly new. I have the newer fiberglass and metal side racks and bows. I got some 1.5 x 1.5 14 ga square tube and extended the bows up 5 inches. Now to repaint the cover and replace the crappy tie down plastic ropes with rubber cord. First pic is of the replacement bow support and the old one to the right of it. The second picture is of the cover on with the replacement bow supports in place.

Attachments

Last edited:

Metternacht

I will consider extending the bows up, but May just switch to Rubber rope and see if I can make that work first. On a side note, does anyone know if the Tan covers have the same issue?

Thanks for all the replies / Advice.

zwalton

some body put m116 gen. unit covers on your 101s, that's why they are to long and a hair baggy. I have a couple m101 camo covers left, if you need or want true fitting ones. The m116 gen. cover are ment to go basily down pat the wheel wells a bit and tie down even all the way around, as well as the bowes for a m116 gen. trailer are wider and go from edge to edge of the trailer.

Hope I helped you out here.
I have a similar problem, my m101a1 came with a large rectangle cover that just drowns it 12 inch past each tire.....if someone has one for mine i would be willing to chat price?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My camo cover fits the same on my 101a2. I believe we have a concensous on the larger camo covers:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks