• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 series trailers question

desert demon

Howdy all.My name is Scott.My future plans is to get a M101 A two (the number two button is broke lol) Wich i think is the one with the surge brakes to pull behind my 1953 M37.Here in Salt Lake Ut. If a trailer weighs 750# or under ya do not have to register it or tag it.Was wondering if some one knows what the empty wieght of this trailer is?Im guessing its over 750#.Thanks Scott

desert demon

I was thinking when i pull a trailer if it had brakes it would give me more stopping power.I know where there is some scrap metal like cars and trucks around where i live.Thinking about cleanig up the mountains but have some very steep terrain here.I may be thinking a little :cookoo:But could be a fun adventure when i get it up and running.:driver:

koolex11

That sounds like a great use for it. Not cuckoo, I think that's a great way to make a buck or two. You can REALLY load those things up. And in your case, I would definitely want brakes. The A2 is probably the way to go. Lighter than the A1, newer and less rusty, heavier duty and that surge brake really works well when loaded. If you change the axle on an A1, you won't be able to keep the Budd split ring wheels anyway. Probably safer that way and less work. Those 8-lug wheels on the A2 are a dime a dozen. I have had some on Craigs for a month now with zero interest.

Attachments