• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 trailer tailgate buttons and reflector L's

DAP

I got my M101 3/4 cargo trailer back from the sandblaster. The outside of the tailgate has 4 uprights that each have 2 holes in them on the outside. These are plugged with some sort of rubber/plastic plug. 5 of my plugs are missing and the remaining three are pretty worn from the sand blasting. I have looked in Lowes and Ace as I thought this might be a common part. Nothing. Anyone have any ideas where to get these? I went on line to McMaster Carr and Steel Rubber and couldn't find anything that looked remotely similar to these snap in buttons/plugs. They have to be a common part. what have you all used. I would like to plug the holes to keep the water out.

I have also noticed some reflector "L"s on the tailgates of some trailers. I thought Rick Larsen had them on his website as a standard decal pieces but I couldn't find them. Any suggestions.

KsM715

The "L" reflectors are delineation markers.

The plugs? Sorry Dont know where to find them. Maybe someone going out to BFR metals in Salina Ks can see if Glen has any good ones on some of the scrap trailers he has out there.

harleyhouse

The mushroom plugs are from rust prevention spraying.
they drill a hole spray in Zbart and then tap in a plug.
Check at Zbart or the auto parts and look for christmastree fasteners.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If you mean the kind pictures below it is just 1.5" or 2" adhesive red reflective tape you can get it at most part stores.

Attachments

DAP

Any regulation or military standard to how big they should be or do we just do what is right in our own eyes.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
3m makes the red reflector tape. It is still used by firefighters. Modern trucks use the dot red/silver combo.

try on ebay., I have used this seller many times and he is reasonable. [h=2]fire_fighter_102[/h]

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Any regulation or military standard to how big they should be or do we just do what is right in our own eyes.
Yes there was and it is actually in a Army Regulation not a TM. It is the AR on convoy operations I think. Just saw it the other day while looking for something else. The one I saw was an older AR also. For some reason reason 85-55 comes to mind but then again, my mind is mush nowadays. Kind of reminds me of the old feller at the end of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4W7MD4DB6Q

DAP

Well I got some of the rust proofer plugs and they promptly fell out. Seems the holes are nominally oversize 1/2"ID. I went to Lowes and got some rubber grommets and injected some sealant. I got a strip of red and white cut it to fit making 2 "L"s on the tailgate. Problem solved.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks