• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 "BAJA BOMBER" on 37s!!!

100dollarman

Here is a M1010 Ambulance that we are finishing up for a customer--

1985 with only 25k miles.

Tomorrow I have to hook up the rear proportioning valve for the brakes, and I am going to add a 1" spacer on the rear wheels. I am having them custom made, and should be ready in the am. A little clean up, and she's done! At least for my part of it--- customer is going to have it re-upolstered, body straightened up and painted. I think there will be some RV conversion work in the box too.
Should be an AWESOME truck when completed!!!!

All new parts are from OffRoadDesign.com in Co. They are very helpful and knowledgeable about these trucks.

Its about a 4-4.5" lift including rear shackle flip, front springs, dropped pitman arm, Bilstein shocks, new brakelines, steer stabilizer, detach sway bar mts, greasable shackles and bushings, etc.

We used 12 bolt H1 wheels and 37" radials with runflats. Used a 2" spacer in the front, and will install 1" spacers in the rear tomorrow.

This thing is a beast!!!! It looks even better in person! Its tall. The 37s work good with the 4.56 gears. Cant wait to see it after its painted.

Here are a few pics---

:grd:

Last edited:

48cj2a

Nice job and great stance but I think I would have went with at least a 6" lift and a 1" -2" body lift if needed on the cab rather then trim the fenders so much.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please tell me you replaced the steering stabilizer shock! The other shocks and suspension work looks great. But it looks like you left the stock stabilizer shock in place.

I love the work you folks do. REALLY. And the way you did makes it look like it SHOULD have looked at the time. But hey, we all live an learn.

Great looking M1010.

maynard83

Please tell me you replaced the steering stabilizer shock! The other shocks and suspension work looks great. But it looks like you left the stock stabilizer shock in place.

I love the work you folks do. REALLY. And the way you did makes it look like it SHOULD have looked at the time. But hey, we all live an learn.

Great looking M1010.

A new Monroe Steering Stabilizer was installed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks