• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1010 batteries dieing

drhymer4

I have a 1985 chevy m1010 it has to brand new batteries but they are dieing slowly after every start the belts are loose and squeal some while driving maybe alternator isn't charging the batteries any ideas?

MarcusOReallyus

Well, step 1 is obvious. Take care of those loose belts.

Second step is to find out of you have a load somewhere you don't know about. That requires some testing.

Do you have a voltmeter?

m38inmaine

With the A/C off and truck off try pulling the power connector on and off the A/C compressor and see if the clutch moves, if it does your A/C relay has shorted, that's what was causing my batteries to drain.

drhymer4

My blackout lights are not on and my truck does not have a/c it is a m1010 but most of the ambulance features are missing it has a regular truck bed and the inside is like a regular truck. Should my gen 1 and gen 2 lights in the dash come on? Thanks for the replys by the way

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it was a 1010 then no gen lights. Are both alternators on the right side? What is the voltage across each battery while running and not running?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At this point it's all a guessing game. Put up some pics so we can see what we're troubleshooting.

drhymer4

I was told it is a ambulance from the guy I bought it off of also both alternator and batteries are on the passenger side

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has the a/c compressor been removed? Please help us help you, post pics of the engine bay so we can stop this guessing game.

drhymer4

I was told it is a ambulance from the guy I bought it off of also both alternator and batteries are on the passenger side

drhymer4

Not sure how to post the picture yes it has been removed the brackets are there for it and it has a sticker on the door saying it a 1010

drhymer4

I am located in lancaster Ohio and one thing I forgot to say is the cab did have a pass through before and our volt meter isn't working right

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks