• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 is running

panzerwillie

Thank you got then from ebay it was a 3 gauge package they are medium quality but work good stay away from the real cheap ones and like always AUTOMETER makes then also

panzerwillie

Rear A/C

So i got to work on the rear A/C, is quiet the job took me about 10hrs , is not a one man job for sure, took it apart before i removed it from the wall, i used a Sears 8000BTU ,once i had a plan it was just time consuming i ended up using the forklift to but it back up, many ways i could have done it but at the end it works good here are some pictures:cool::cool:
2012-07-07 11.14.47.jpg

2012-07-07 12.46.08.jpg

2012-07-07 12.46.20.jpg

2012-07-07 13.40.08.jpg

2012-07-07 16.20.08.jpg

2012-07-07 16.20.25.jpg

2012-07-07 17.21.22.jpg

2012-07-07 17.50.56.jpg

2012-07-07 18.17.08.jpg

2012-07-08 15.30.51.jpg

Keith_J

You are going to have problems with that unit because the condenser fan will fight the slipstream. The slipstream will win above 25 MPH.

Second, 8000 BTU/hour is far less than the stock unit. While the original unit is sized for extreme conditions and having 8 patients in the back (each generating about 250 Watts of heat, about 7000 BTU/hour), that unit is unlikely to keep it cool in sunny conditions.

lavarok

I'd love to get the guts from the stock AC if you still have them. Mainly interested in the condenser fan motors and the blower unit with the power resistor assembly. Let me know and I'll drive down this week if they are available.

panzerwillie

thanks for the will not work feedback had it running for 6 hrs today on the sun here the temps was 96 degrees and it was cold inside , not sure what slipstream means {never got pass 11th grade} however if is not strong enougth the owner can bring something else and i will replace it , he brougth it to me ,conderse fans are frozen, blowermotor is good you welcome to it... not sure what the power resistor is advise.........

lavarok

The resistor bank, which is a little smaller than a deck of cards, sits between the power source and the blower motor. Its located in the housing above the blower assembly on the driver side. Its part of the circuit to control the speed. Mine is shorting out so need to replace it. I'll pm you now.

Last edited:

Keith_J

Slipstream is the induced wind from moving the vehicle. This will be the sum of the wind and vehicle speed, equal to vehicle speed when winds are calm. The design of the air conditioner box is such it uses slipstream to benefit, increasing the flow of the fans. Not so with window units, they blow against the slipstream as installed in this application.

You will need 900 BTU/hour for every person inside in addition to whatever solar load penetrates the meager insulation of the box.

panzerwillie

:-DOk thanks for the reply, well the rear A/C is only going to be use when vehicle is stop and mainly at nite, the front cab has A/C on is on, however the truck is going to alaska which i think he will be using the heater more, and when it gets back to florida , if i need to change it then i guess we will but for sure im not doing it alone :wink:

Trainman

Hey panzerwillie, I wanted ask a small favor...would you be willing to take some measurements of the inside and send them my way. I am highly considering getting a M1010 and would like to know what kind of room I would have inside.:wink:

Trainman

Awesome thanks! And one more favor while you have the tape measure out.... What is the width of the tire from left to right. I think it is a 16" rim, but I need the total size...trying to find a mounting place and need to know how wide of a door to design.:cool:

panzerwillie

The information provided by HOJOPO is correct and to answer your other question the tires are 235/85/16 and is around 31. inches tall and the rear doors are 36" wide hope this is the answer you where looking for:-D

panzerwillie

almost done

Got to work on the rear over the weekend and install the 373 on the rear end all when smooth with all the parts i got, had to get ring gear bolts as the one on the 456 where to long all i have to do is correct the speedo if i get a chance before the ALCAN HWY trip few more little things left ...
1342270218941.jpg

1342270253000.jpg

WARWAG

I really wanted to ask them a bunch of questions and crawl around the rig. 4L80E and 3.73 gears are just about perfect! But I knew they had a long day driving and were ready to grab some grub. Maybe when I get down into Florida in about 18 months with work I can come over and take a look? Oh well nice guys and thanks for showing me the interior of the rig. That A/C sure was looking nice and keeping the temps cool in the cab! Pictures do not do justice to the details that went into the workmanship. Nice Job!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks