• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 lower radiator hose

Husker67

The no. 2 generator belt hits the lower radiator hose even though the belt is tensioned. Is there a shield out there that I can mount on the hose to keep it from getting cut?

cucvrus

If I remember correctly the M1010 has a special lower radiator hose. That hose may no longer be available for the M1010. But you could fabricate a shield very easy. Good Luck.

chevymike

cucvrus is correct. The M1010 does have a specific lower hose, that is designed to clear the lower alt belt. It dips a little more than the standard M1008 or civilian model.

I picked up mine as NOS off EBay. They are not made anymore so you will have to find someone who has a NOS available. This is what you are looking for.

GM Marked 14067763, 4720-01-159-1839 Lower Radiator Hose for CUCV

This is what it looks like

0112201509_HDR.jpg

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can’t find that specific hose, or until you do, you might be able to use one of the upper hose guards. John Hillbilly wizard has these readily available. Hope this helps. 2438CE71-D55F-418F-8D2A-117B66E8BED5.jpeg

ehuppert

There's one on ebay right now per info above.... And if you search the NAPA number in ebay (on first item) there's another napa branded. Tried crossing to Gates, but they no longer make! But, crossed the NAPA number and came up with gates 21285..... With all of that said, looked in the 20P and TM does NOT list a different hose by UOC. Buyer beware....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks