• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 Pic Thread

m38inmaine

Since GSA purchase I have upgraded the charging system as seen in my DUVAC plan B post, installed the RT-524 in it's factory mount and location and cleaned up the back. Luckily the FD did not cut any wires or rip anything out. In the spring I will begin operation "UN RED". Unit has 22k miles, I have all the original paperwork with it from the day it left the factory, delivered to the unit, dispatch sheets, maint and finally turn in.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought I would post up a couple pics of my old M1010. Wish I still had it...

Wow. I was poking around on Google yesterday trying to scare up one of the upper berths and came across your build on Expo. Being more of the purist, I grimmaced when I saw you gutting the back. Wished I were there to grab that upper litter. Cool wagon.

Love Machine

awesome. I bought one of these two years ago. you cant kill these things. i still have it if you are interested in an another one. Drove it for two years straight. It is registered and insured. If you Know anyone interested i will drive it there for some gas money and price negogiable. All original has a/c and diesel heater. Have done alot to keep this beast running. **** cops keep me and my girlfriend from enjoying the true possible enjoyments of this vehicle!

NicholasLeeAnderson

First post here, have been combing through these threads for a few years now. This is the second CUCV I've had the pleasure of owning.
Two years of turning this brute into a camper/expedition rig: Right now its sitting at 28k miles, 4.5" lift, H1 12-bolt wheels, Blistein 5100s, etc. New two-toned leather upholstered seats/dashboard carpet in cab matching the the desert tan/black theme going on. Rear is halfway there with a cedar bed frame, closet and cupboards. Thought I should throw this on here for you guys to check out. I haven't gotten around to shooting any pictures of the interior yet, but I'll try and do that soon!
-Nick
m1010.jpg

Danger Ranger

First post here, have been combing through these threads for a few years now. This is the second CUCV I've had the pleasure of owning.
Two years of turning this brute into a camper/expedition rig: Right now its sitting at 28k miles, 4.5" lift, H1 12-bolt wheels, Blistein 5100s, etc. New two-toned leather upholstered seats/dashboard carpet in cab matching the the desert tan/black theme going on. Rear is halfway there with a cedar bed frame, closet and cupboards. Thought I should throw this on here for you guys to check out. I haven't gotten around to shooting any pictures of the interior yet, but I'll try and do that soon!
-Nick
Wow, that was a **** of a first post. You have a great looking truck. Now you should post more pics here, or start a thread for it with all the details...

Thanks for sharing.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff, not sure what your plans for the back are but Hillbillywizard has what he reports as a complete interior for the back of the bambulance. Despite the fact that he sells parts, he would not sell me an upper litter berth out of the interior. My search continues.

jamesgrizzlyadams

1986 CUCV M1010 (Canada)

Bringing this thread back from the grave, just like a lot of these awesome M1010's! :beer:

The day I brought it home (Fall 2015):

10633323_10154606940980567_1243505793952573228_o.jpg

More recent weekend camping trips and outings:
IMG_0560.jpgIMG_0655.jpgIMG_0563.jpgIMG_1742.jpgIMG_0139.jpgIMG_1813.jpgIMG_1771.jpgIMG_0610.jpgIMG_0674.jpg

For anyone with instagram, I have a more regularly updated page there: @rolling.thunder.cucv
(purists be warned, while I AM trying to keep the truck as true to it's original form as possible, I'm putting a priority on setting it up as a weekend camping vehicle vs. restoration or collecting)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks