• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 project

gijoe13

This is my newest project. Put the deuce on hold to get this one done to hopefully turn in to my winter work/plow truck. It went from flightline yellow back to od green with alot of sanding. It only has 17,000 miles on it so I removed the cab to be able to sand and repaint the frame. It is in such good shape I wanted to go the extra mile to keep it that way. Was used by a fire department before I got it from GL so had some gremlins to work out. It had a 12volt starter in it and I think they gave up trying to convert it. I ran the purple/white wire to the purple wire from the starter relay, bled the fuel lines at the spin on filter and she fired right up. Found some wiring issues and am slowly fixing those. Still finishing up the paint and new windshield going in next week. Dont ever ask me to help remove a windshield:oops:. It went well right up to where I broke it. I removed the A/C because the compressor had been removed and I went to the 12 volt conversion. Found a nice Leece Neville 12v 160 amp alt that bolted right in. I had to put in a picture of my deuce waiting for paint and brake lines.

I have learned so much being a part of this great forum[brotherhood]. Thanks to all of you who bring and share your knowledge.

amb2.jpg

2011-04-12_19-11-06_982.jpg

2011-06-27_12-22-23_21.jpg

2011-06-27_12-22-13_289.jpg

2011-07-04_10-20-13_784.jpg

1302968905846.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]