• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1010 rear wiring

GerWJ

morning group... looking in from the Back there are two pairs of wires sticking out of the right wall near the front about half way up and about foot from front wall. the rear of 1010 was stripped out when I got it. the lower pair is hot, and the upper pair isn't. anyone have any idea what these wires controlled. the wiring diagram doesn't tell where wires are located in the truck
thanks for any help

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will find the wires listed in the back of TM 9-2320-289-20 in the appendix. There are probably a dozen schematics back there. The one you are looking for is the GPFU schematic, F23. You will find that those wires are part of the GPFU. Switch on the GPFU switch on the dash and check them. When quiet, there will be the sound of a relay heard in the back when you switch it on.

GerWJ

thanks for reply.... that's really neat rig you have.... mine has nothing in the rear box.... and i think the ripped out what was there.... the relay stuff is still on driver side wall.... and from the wiring diagram labeled them to keep track of what they are and what they feed pwr to.... looking at your picture the lower wire pair would be about even with upper passenger side litter about foot from front with second pair about 8 inch above the first alone the side wall.... one of them is probably the light with black cord that can be moved around... that light is missing, rear two lights are there.... where was switch for them?? the lower one is hot an I can't find anyway to turn it off? the other has no reading and can't find a way to turn it on? will look at wiring diagram... i have downloaded the manuals..... I have put a gun safe in that front corner and a Al shelving unit used to mount radio gear on the wall to the rear of it.... will post pictures later.... I guess it doesn't really matter what they were for because I will be using them for something that will get mounted on my shelving.... between camper stuff and Ham radio stuff not sure what it will be.... thanks for info

leisman7

i just removed the wires the i belive you are speaking of. on my m1010 they were hooked up to a power bar that was located in the rear comartment on the wall just above the driver side rear wheel wel. it had a positive terminal, a ground terminal, and a few relays. my assumption is that this was the hook up for all the electronic equipment that was located in the rear compartment. i followed both black wires up to the engine compartment where they were hooked up at the positive and negative power bars that are located in the engine compartment on the passenger side firewall.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks