• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 Recovery (private sale)

M1031CMT

Nope, that truck looks no good.

But I will be a good guy and take it off your hands for cheap!

She looks good. Will make a good zombie apocalypse truck.

HoJoPo

She sounds great! Looks like the batteries are charging correctly too.

I fired up my M1010 today at 34 degrees (frost on the windows), glow plugs cycled faster than they do when it's warm but she fired right up, and sounds just like yours at idle. :)

natem

It's running better all the time. I warmed her up good and changed the oil today.

Now I need to change the glow plugs and controller.

There is a very small drain on the batteries, they will discharge over night.

Then fuel filter, Doghead relay, .........................and on and on!

ODdave, happy to see progress on your new deuce.

HoJoPo, I have the same plan as you for the m1010. Maybe winter field day this month.

Nate (KD8GOW)

HoJoPo

There is a very small drain on the batteries, they will discharge over night.

HoJoPo, I have the same plan as you for the m1010. Maybe winter field day this month.

Nate (KD8GOW)
Be sure to have the service lights / blackout light switch in the center off position when the ignition is off, it may leave a relay energized that will deplete the batteries (this is only a problem on the M1010, the relay is for the lighting inside the ambulance).

Field day should be fun, I need to find a military field radio antenna kit (my dad has one, and I'd prefer the aluminum version over the fiberglass one). I'm not sure that I'll have everything together for winter field day, but I should have it all ready before June.

Howard (KC7DRT)

epartsman

Awesome! What a steal!!!!!!!! My 09, old rusty, cost me $800.00 and I have now 3K in her. Mechanically perfect but needs a body transplant. It needs floor pans, rockers, inner fender, tailpan, etc. Ex Florida National Guard beach cruiser. You stole that one nate. I'm jealous. Anyone got a rust free 09 body they will sell cheap?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks