• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 Recovery

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked this M1010 (or what's left of it) up at GSA, $202. WAY better shape than I expected. Loading on trailer only took about 2 1/2 hours, 2 guys, no pulled muscles, no bleeding, no broken tools. The pipe and plywood for sliding helped big time. Thought I'd share the recovery. GSA is a bit better than GL in MANY ways, got the paper work today already!

Attachments

Croatan_Kid

CCATLETT1984 , what do you need? My buddy who helped me lift my truck has a parts CUCV with most of the interior still in it, I'm sure I can get whatever it is you need within reason.

CCATLETT1984

i need the little "switch" that mounts on the gass pedal frame under the dash. its a piece of plastic with a two wire plug going into it. thats all i need. My foot caught the one on my truck and broke the plug off. Let me know.

maxim

Boy the interior and fire wall look preemo paint wise. And the box is not dented or rusted..Kinda wonder why they took the front clip, engine , axles, doors. I have never seen a tilt type low flat bed trailer like that but it sure looks like it comes in handy in loading.

tsmall07

maxim said:
Boy the interior and fire wall look preemo paint wise. And the box is not dented or rusted..Kinda wonder why they took the front clip, engine , axles, doors. I have never seen a tilt type low flat bed trailer like that but it sure looks like it comes in handy in loading.
Who makes that trailer? I like it a lot!

ick...

Not much left is there? the reason the axles are gone is obvious...dana 60 and a 14-bolt with a locker.it was likely one with real low miles.so likely a real good front clip for a k-30 rebuild.

stripped for cheap and left to die... :(

JohnFire

RE: ick...

Surprised they let it go with the EV (emergency vehicle) plate still on it. Though PA has now changed to new EV plates that just look like the regular state plates. Which really look rediculous on emergency vehicles, police fire and ems.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: ick...

According to the Forest Ranger who signed my slip, this ambulance was used to keep their M1028s and M1008s running.It was turned in to them in running condition, low mileage, a few years back. The one M1008 at that site had the M1010s yellow hood. You should see the nice M1028 in the shed where I picked up the M1009. When they removed the parts off this truck they were pretty careful not hacking it to death like you would find in a junkyard. It still has all the springs, the gas tank, a good w/s, inside of ambulance was used for storage; got a bunch of file cabinets, cardboard and mouse droppings included. The trailer is a Belmont and is perfect for hauling home non running CUCVS!