• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 stuck in the mud.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to go pull out another vehicle, an f-150. Lets just say nothing went as planned. We ended up using a 9000 lb winch on a wrangler to pull out both trucks, after we strapped it to a tree. Its time for some new tires and a winch. On another note is the locker in the rear supposed to spin both tires the same speed? One was spinning fast and the other really slow.

Matt

Attachments

Dabba

man o man. Yeah, heavy truck in the mud =bad. And yeah id get that locker looked at, i would think both would always spin the same speed with your foot on the gas

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mud there reminds me of muskeg in Alaska. When I was driving in it looked like a plain grass trail. The first ten feet was hard so I went back in the truck and started driving. Then I found a soft spot and down it went. The severe muddiness is from a thousand foot prints.

Matt

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I love playing in the dark.

SR71BLACKBIRD

I found if you are going to be the guy everyone comes to when thet are stuck, Best buy a good winch.
This milemarker(hydraulic) would pull out a deuce if you tie to a tree.

Attachments

I've got one of those hydraulics also. I rigged mine for use on my compact tractor. Special valve to keep the pressure right, special valve to choose between the tractor or winch having hydraulic power. That winch skids trees just fine, and pulled me out of a few beaver ponds I was ripping dams out of. I had to give that up, hydraulic fluid, rebuilt the starter, draining the clutch housing, it all gets old.

OLDCHEV4X4

Dosen't the 1010 have a posi front axle?
Yea, i would deffinately pull the cover off the rear and have a look. They should pull the same speed when stuck.
Its nice to have all those lights for night time opp's.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a fun recovery. Perhaps some bigger iron in your motorpool is in order. The coolest part of all the pics is the light. Love having the work lights on the side and seeing the copious amount of light in the back is awesome.