• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 Trying to remove the rear benches

Does anyone have experience with removing the benches from the box of an M1010? I got the driver side out without any problems, but the passenger side is giving me fits. I've drilled out every rivet I can find that looks like it's holding the bench but still no luck. The heater is removed, does the whole air intake ductwork need to come out with the bench as one unit? It seems like it's still attached right around where the heater attached to the intake duct, but I can't find what's still holding it in. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Jeep Freak

OK, not sure the first reply went out.

I can't help you with taking out the benches and I'm not sure of my friend. He might be interested in them though. My friend has a M1010 and is in need of the upper stretcher support along with almost everything else. You wouldn't happen to still have them and willing to sell them would you? He lives in Kettering ohio.

I told him to just make his into a camper but he really wants to restore it.

I'm hoping to tackle the bench removal again tomorrow. I do have most of the equipment and racks available, including the stretchers, heater, and AC. I've only held onto them in hopes of finding someone that needed them for a restoration. I'm up in the Akron area, if your friend is interested in buying the equipment I'm sure we could work something out. I'd even consider trades possibly, mostly interested in a GM front D60 or firearms, May even add a little cash for the right trade. See if he's still interested in the items, if so you can PM me and I'll give you my phone number to pass along to him.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks