• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 wiring harness

GerWJ

I mounded a pintle hitch on my M1010, now will need trailer plug for lights.... there are some for sale on ebay with plug but I have one that has no wires on it.... but if the wiring harness is the same as pickup then I could just plug it in and be done with it? anyone know if the harness is the same in the rear...... what makes me unsure is that the M1010 has civilian tail lights??
thanks for advice or help

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M1031 used the same tail lights as the M1010 but that is not the problem. The M1010 harness is different in the fact that it branches 2 feet from the rear and follows the channel by the steps on each side. There are no plug and play solutions for the ambulance. I did mine with packard connectors and packard tees. What I didn't do was cut the factory harness. I made all the cuts and splices on the lights themselves.

MilChevyguy

......just posted some pics of my M1010....and I realized I have NO TAILIGHTS AT ALL ! ! !

Anyone have a pic of the proper tailights for it? Tomorrow I will check what wiring is there but I have searched some pics and I see both types
regular truck/jeep style lights and the Mil type with led lights built in.

Sorry don't mean to highjack this thread...but looks like the wiring info is going to be something I need and maybe others too!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Factory it came with the square lights similar to what you find on some trailers and the older Chevy Stepsides. The M1031 SECM has the same tail light. I have a bunch of LED composites and was going to put them on my ambulance but I'm not ready to give up the reverse lights. Eventually I will make the swap and add remote mount reverse lights. The schematics in the back of TM 9-2320-289-20 ( Appendix F I think) are necessary for the job.

MilChevyguy

Darn it..>I jumped the gun and ordered the same type I have on the trailer..kinda like a teardrop shape with blackout lights built in Mil type.

Now that I see more pictures...the brackets hold the Blackout lights and the regular looking truck lights mount above them. The wiring seems complete back there but
has the round Mil type of connectors on the harness. Time to look up the TM again

Recovry4x4....NOW I understand what you meant by the back up lights...I won't have any of those too with the lights I bought.

Strike 3 for me so far with this green disease...I have to do more research before I jump on things. ! ! ! !

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks