• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 with no power

My 1985 m1010 starts but won't idle.It won't Rev but I can keep it running. I was driving up a hill when I lost power. Checked for a blocked fuel filter it's getting plenty of fuel. Any ideas about what to check would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Rick

CUCVLOVER

Sounds like the tank sock might be plugged up.
First I would replace the fuel filter, then blow air into the line from the tank to make sure it is clear of blockage. If it still does not run properly then I would get a small clear inline fuel filter and bypass the stock filter. (This is not a permanent fix but a tool in trouble shooting the fuel system) if the truck runs fine with that filter then the stock base is messed up. If it won't hold fuel pressure or takes a long while to prime then your lift puml is down and needs to be replaced. Also check for any loose clamps and cracked lines.
Last thing I would replace is the injection pump. It's not a big job if your used to working on this trucks. If you do have to get the pump rebuilt I can recommend diesel performance in Memphis TN. The rebuilt my pump with great results, they rebuilt a friend's pump that I installed and truck runs great and I know a guy here cucvrus uses them all the time.

Let use know if you have more questions and if you get the truck going

Already have an after market filter stock base leaked terribly changed fiter today appears to have good flow started the truck as soon as it starts to warm up the idle gets rough and it stall plus a little white smoke from exhaust never smoked before

I've had the truck 2 years it's a daily driver 44,400 miles on it it started all of a sudden .on 7/20 I am leaning towards the pump myself because when I checked the oil it was slightly over full a little thin and really black and it isn't due for a change for 3000 miles I'm going to call the shop tomorrow morning to get the pump checked out thanks for the input

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks