• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010

Rocco

Could someone put some pics up of the inside of the M1010
I want to see the back of the cab wall between the seats.
Im wandering if it is doable to convert back to a truck
I can maybe cut out the door and weld another back from a different truck on to it.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My question would be "why?"

It's your truck to do with what you want but there are a lot of people looking for M1010s and a lot more M1008s running around for sale. By the time you get done with the cost of repacing the rear cab panel, putting in a rear window, buying a bed to go on it, and getting a bumper (which if you want it to be like a 1008 will need to be a CUCV truck bumper) you could have bought a 1008 and had money left over.

I seriously doubt converting a 1010 to a pickup would be cheaper than buying one out right.

Rocco

Well i dont have the money right now for a M1008.
but i found a M1010 in the town that I live in
And he is going to sale it to me for $1500.
I want to put a flat bed on it.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you get it you might try running an ad in SS Classifieds offering to trade it for a 1008. Again, it would be a lot cheaper for you and save a vehicle.

Sardot1

If you get it you might try running an ad in SS Classifieds offering to trade it for a 1008. Again, it would be a lot cheaper for you and save a vehicle.
Ditto that! It does not seem to be worth the money and effort to destroy an M1010. You could get more than $1500 selling it on eBay or here. Then go buy the truck you want.

LeadHead

Are you going to remove the bucket seats from the M1010? If so, I am interested in purchasing if the price is right. PM me details.:beer:
Not sure if he still gets on here or not, but I just bought an M1009 from him. The M1010 looks AWESOME! He cut out the back of a cab off a junker truck and welded it in there and put on a flat bed. Great looking truck.

unaffiliated

I would love to have a M1010 box for my M1008. I don't want the walk through, I would just patch the hole on the box. I do mobile repair and used parts sales and think the Ambulance box would be cool. I don't really care for the Maintenance truck body.

Psywarrior

I would much rather have the 1010 as is to make a camper/bugout vehicle. To chop one up like that seems such a tragedy and waste to me. You know the 1010's are rare enough as it is.